Saturday, August 02, 2008

Road Trip: Myrtle Beach, SC

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No fishing on this trip as this is the trophy wife's birthday getaway. I did manage to drag her into the fairly new company owned Orvis store located in the Market Common here in Myrtle Beach, SC. The Market Common shopping / condo complex was developed on the site of the former Myrtle Beach Air Force Base and it has come a long way from the rows and rows of base housing that I remember from my elementary school days.

The staff was great and the store has a huge selection including a full featured fly shop. It has to be the largest Orvis store I have been in to date. One of the employees told me that they had been open since April but the Market Common area was just now starting to catch on.


The Trout Underground said...

You sure spend a lot of time in fly shops.

Murdock said...

that probably explains all the stuff I keep buying...