Monday, June 02, 2008

Worn!

So I am at dinner the other night with my Dad and notice that he is wearing a ragged old Blue Ridge Fly Fishing Association (our old FFF Chapter from the Lowe's days) hat. It has to be at least 12 years old and as you can see it's pretty beat up. Dad said he was in a big outdoor outfitter's store and saw a new hat, ever bit as ragged, that was selling for $25. He decided to wear his and is entertaining all offers.

All of this got me to thinking and wondering if I should consider a side venture dealing in vintage (and somewhat smelly) angler's apparel. It might be the next big thing in the world of folks who want to look like they spend 200+ days on the water but can only really muster much less.

Since only 12 of the BRFFA hats were ever printed I would say they qualify collector's items and have to be worth a load of cash. They were originally sold to quite a motley lot who have since dispersed around the country. If you happen to see one coming towards you on a river bank, you will probably want to give the angler under it a wide berth.

Email me a photo of your favorite item of threadbare angler wear and I'll post them for all to admire.

No comments: