Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Media Quote Of The Day: Zinke Blunder Edition



A fly fishing faux pas for Secretary of the Interior Zinke.  Rumor has it he showed up late, with a Hills Bros coffee can full of worms.

Via the Montana Post (Link):

As Zinke and I casted over the ice-cold water, I noticed something funny about his setup. He kept struggling to strip line out of the bottom of the reel. For a while, I thought he was simply having trouble concentrating on our conversation while casting. No, there was something wrong, and when I asked him to stand for a portrait, I finally saw what the problem was. He had rigged his reel backward, so that the line was coming out of the top of the reel. Every so often when he went to strip line out, he would grasp air where the line should’ve been.
Seems like an inconsequential thing, but in Montana, it’s everything.

No comments: