Monday, September 29, 2014

Watch for falling trout...or It's raining fish...

Found posted on climbing enthusiast message board 14ers.com comes what may be a sign of apocalypse if we have ever seen one.  A climber on the summit of Colorado's Mt. Shavano reports what can only be describe as fish falling from the heavens.

"At the risk of sounding crazy, let me tell you what happened last Tue. 09/23. I climbed Mt Shavano & was hanging on the summit thinking about going to Tabeguache. It was very windy, with clouds swirling all around. Now I see things in my peripheral vision that look like fish falling out of the sky, this goes on for about a minute, 4 or 5 instances. I chalk it up to lack of oxygen, and decide to head down since I'm obviously hallucinating. When I get home & check out my pics I found this shot, taken from about 14,100 looking back at the summit."  -14ers.com forum user richwill

 He even managed to catch a photo:

The award for best comment in response to the post goes to 14ers.com user Tortosel.

Probably related to the legalization of marijuana somehow. Seriously, that is strange. They stock fish by plane but not big and they're supposed to go to a lake not a summit. Volatile weather is another explanation but there shouldn't have been any of that either. Don't mention this in job interviews.

As they say at the auction house, "be your own judge"....  I am sure there's a punchline in here somewhere.  Discuss amongst yourselves.

No comments: