Thursday, February 12, 2009

Refreshing Fly Fishing Quote of the Week

Comes from Tom Bie of The Drake and more recently The Fly Fishing Film Tour:

Would all of you please go to www.flyfishingfilmtour.com, take a look at the dates and towns, and call or e-mail your friends in any of those towns and ask them to attend the shows.

I'm not going to feed you a bunch of bullshit about how this is "all about supporting the filmmakers." It's not. It's also about supporting me: I would like very much for my two partners and I to not lose money on this. (That was an appeal to all you Texans--Look how capitalist I am!!)

Besides, if we make money, then the filmmakers make money. And if the filmmakers make money, then we all get to keep watching flyfishing films. If the filmmakers don't make money, then we can all look forward to annual sequels of Feeding Time II--the flyfishing equivalent of Ishtar.

No comments: