Monday, February 16, 2009

Cold in Carolina



As if the past two weeks couldn't get more interesting, today I called the gas company to come by and replace a plug on a regulator outside my house. They did and in the process turned off the gas as part of the repair. Rather than call me on my cell they decided to leave a hang tag on my door saying to call them when I got home and they would come out and turn it on. I called and they said someone would be out tonight. Well its 10 PM on one of the colder nights of the year and we have no gas heat, or hot water. A second call to their office informs me that I am calling after hours and ends with a mechanical "Goodbye." Orvis spokesangler Tom Rosenbauer has some tips for those of us left out in the cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you survive the night or are you ice fishing in the bathtub?

Murdock said...

Made it with aid of a space heater, blankets, a spouse...

The gas company guy showed up this AM.