One look at my over laden fishing vest will tell you that I am the type of angler who really enjoys a good gadget or two or ten. It is no surprise then that the Origo Fishing Pro Watch caught my eye at this year's Fly Fishing Retailer Show. This watch, created with the angler in mind, is loaded with so many helpful gizmos that any fly fishing 007 could not help but be impressed.
- Predicts and gives a countdown until the best fishing time, the next best fishing time, and projected best fishing time over the coming days. Includes a best fishing time alarm.
- Digital Compass, Barometer, Altimeter, Thermo Sensor
- Forecasts weather
- Displays Tide data - high/low, countdown to next high/low tide, projected high low tides
- Sunrise, Sunset, Moon Phase
- Water resistance to 50 meters
- Back light
- Alarm can be audible or vibration
- and it even tells time - "Smart World Time" for both home town and visiting city that is.
MSRP is $230 dollars and is available from OrigoWatch.com.
The Fishing Guide boasts all the same features as the Fishing Pro in a lighter weight injection molded body, minus the altimeter, barometric pressure, and weather forecasting . These watches retail for $120.
For sportsmen strictly interested in fishing and time of day information, the Origo Fisherman offers all the same fish and game-specific features as the Fishing Guide without the digital compass. The Fisherman retails for $60.
Watch for more information about this products durability and practicality to appear in FlyFishMagazine.com in the near future.