Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Old Fishing Stuff


I ran across this site today and wanted to share it with the fly fishing masses. OldFishingStuff.com was created in 1999 by Phil White of Nampa, Idaho as a way to share his passion for collecting fishing tackle. The site includes news stories, articles and a monthly eBay Report that follows the pricing of collectible gear through the marketplace.
Old Fishing Stuff went on line in May of 1999. At the time there was a decided lack of on line information available for fishing tackle collectors. My vision was for a magazine type web site that provided information, not a site full of my collection, or a message board. I believe we have succeeded.

OFS is not a profit making site. It exists because of my love of fishing and collecting old fishing stuff. I hope this comes through. I have been collecting old tackle since the 1970s, and have written seven books on old fishing stuff. I am the past editor of The Reel News, the magazine of the Old Reel Collectors Association, and have also contributed many articles to the National Fishing Lure Collectors Club.

No comments: