Wednesday, October 31, 2007

ESPN's Don Barone: The Haunted Fishing Lodge


ESPN feature producer Don Barone's latest story is a holiday tale complete with ghost hunters, professional bass anglers, bone collectors, a Montreal Whore, ghosts who like to spoon you, and a haunted fishing lodge with owners who have grown accustomed to dealing withe the supernatural on a daily basis.
Bernice," I say, "not to be unjournalistic, but WHAT ARE YOU GUYS, NUTS? Why do you stay?"

"Sometimes," she replies, "when I'm in the lodge, in the laundry room, I hear this voice telling me to get out, get out."

"And what do you do?"

"I leave. When it tells me to leave I get out, because I don't know what's going to happen.
I know we say this a lot about Barone's articles but you need to read this one to believe it... (editor's note: I laughed until Snapple came out my nose.)

No comments: