Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I've got your caviar right here.....


I am starting to wonder if perhaps the fish haven't decided to take the fight to us rather than wait for us to come to them...well sort of. The St. Petersburg Times reports that Florida wildlife officials are putting up over 100 signs on the Suwannee River that warn boaters of the dangers of being struck by jumping sturgeon.

"In April, the 32-year-old Kenneth City woman was smashed by a sturgeon as it leapt out of the Suwannee River while she boated with her boyfriend in Gilchrist County. They were traveling about 30 mph, she says, when a 3- to 6-foot-long fish landed on her face, tore off part of the boat's motor and bounced back into the water."The whole right side of my face had to be reconstructed," said Poirier, a single mother of two and owner of Serenity Skincare of Tampa Bay. "I was in a coma. I was on a breathing machine. It was like I was in a really, really bad car accident."

Between the Sturgeon and the attacks by Asian Carp , let's be careful out there people!

No comments: