Thursday, August 03, 2006

Gaining Valuable Life Experience

Tonight I watched a movie that did not do a great job of keeping my attention. It did however contain a very interesting viewpoint about writing. In the movie a writer laments his lack of experience with life and a famous publisher tells him that most authors have very limited life experience because they are unable to be in two places at the same time. Basically, either you are writing about life or you are out experiencing life. It is impossible (even with wireless internet access) to do both at the same time. To that end and as a way of celebrating my lovely and young spouse's birthday, I will be away from the computer for the weekend. However, as luck would have it, Sierra Trading Post has emailed me offering free shipping for my readers during the month of August. I would be derelict in my duties if I did not pass it along right away.

Coupon 125x125

Click the banner above to take advantage of this offer. Also if you happen to be in the market for a 5 piece travel rod, they currently offer one from a famous fly rod company with the word "Red" in their name for only $99.95. It comes with a rod tube and is still available in several line weights. This is one of those deals that are priced so low we can't tell you the name of the manufacturer (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). To find it, click the link above and then select the fishing section. Once you are there look about 3/4 of the way down the page. Trust me, this exceptional deal is worth a bit of searching.

No comments: