Wednesday, July 19, 2006

There Can Be Only One!


Alistair, the kilted angler, over at the Urban Fly Fishing on the Kelvin pointed out "The Highlander Way" website which promotes the virtues of traditional fly fishing.

No "look how big a fish I can catch" No name dropping, no blonde bimbos hanging on my arm & no I don't do competitions, sell cigars or fine wines. What I do "sell" is a gentler time when fly fishers treated their quarry with respect. Where fly fishers could sit & pass the time of day without mentioning, bag limits boobies & blobs.


At first glance the I was a bit concerned that Highlander fly fishing might involve immortals wielding swords and chopping off the heads of their rivals. Instead I find a great site with some nice examples of traditional wet flies with names like "The Goat's Toe" and "the Clan Chief".

No comments: