Monday, April 24, 2006

Conservation Development = Oxymoron?

I suppose I should get a warm fuzzy feeling from the announcement of a "Conservation development" being built in Western, North Carolina. I simply have trouble reconciling the words conservation and development in the same phrase.

I guess it could be possible, after all the press release I got today says that The Shoals at Glen Aire will have 69 "exclusive" (read expensive) homes located on 223 acres of "breathtaking nature."

Don't get me wrong, I am all for developers making a good living. After all it is very important to me that they be able to pay their bills on time. I am just amazed that they can market a subdivision as conservation. I bet a former President or two wish they had spin doctors that were this good. Here is a link to the article that explains it all.

No comments: