Monday, January 02, 2006

Locate Hard to Find Fly Fishing Books - Part II


Recently, I posted about a site where you could find rare and out of print fly fishing books at reasonable prices. A.J. Kohn, Director of Marketing and Sales for Alibris dropped me a line to remind me that they also offer a similar service.

Mr. Kohn says "Clearly I'm biased, but I believe that our search results are easier to navigate and allow users to find what they want with greater ease."

I did some looking around the site and found it to be very easy to navigate. Since I am a bit of a book nut, I like being able to search by title and author and then also narrow the search to first editions signed by the author. Many of these are surprisingly affordable. A signed, first edition of "A River Runs Through It and Other Stories" By Norman MacLean will set you back $1,399 while a copy of the same book signed by movie cast member Tom Skerritt is only $49.95. A unsigned, used copy of the book can be had for as little as $2.95 plus shipping. (Currently shipping is free on orders of $49.00 in qualifying books.) Thanks for the heads up Mr. Kohn.

No comments: