Thursday, November 17, 2005

I Am Special!


A controversy has erupted in Arkansas about the institution of minimum flows on the Norfork and White Rivers. Some folks are angry that they are drawing down lake levels to keep "special interest groups" like fly fishermen happy. "This would help on special interest groups like river guides and fly fishermen and not take into account the fishing and recreational use of the twin lakes." I do believe this is the first time I have ever been part of a "special interest group." The author says that more people use the lakes for recreation than do the rivers. However, when I was there in September I didn't really see many people on the lake, while the river was shoulder to shoulder with anglers. Hopefully they can sort it out and keep everyone happy.

No comments: