Monday, October 21, 2013

Brownline Innovation: 1955's Patented Cigarette Butt Fly

Filed March 1, 1955 United States Patent FLY ROD LURE Erastus Corning 2nd, Albany, N. Y.
Application March 1, 1955, Serial No. 491,266 

Claims. (Cl. 43-4232) My invention relates to fishing and particularly to a fish lure of a novel type which is especially adapted for casting with a fly rod.
Fish strike at a cigarette butt which has been thrown from a boat and is floating either in fresh or salt water.
The principal object of my invention is to provide a fly rod lure which will simulate a cigarette butt in its appearance. A further object is to provide such a lure which will float when cast in the water.

Before you knock Erastus Corning's idea, how many patents do you have?  

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I think I will patent a kernel of corn fly

Murdock said...

I tied a French fry once.