Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Singlebarbed Sends Schwag

Some Sixth Finger fly tying scissors showed up in our mail box today courtesy of fly fishing innovator and brownline guru K. Barton of Singlebarbed.com fame. Now if we can figure out where the movers put out fly tying kit we will give them a try. In the mean time, they work great on our salt and pepper chin beard.

I had my “Ah-ha” moment last year while doing a little research on surgical scissors. I stumbled across a design that looked promising, bought a couple of sets to try, and liked the result but also recognized it had shortcomings.
Without a foundry and metallurgical skills, I managed to mock up a pair using wire – and that was close enough to be a proof of concept. I had something and the idea was good enough to pursue.

Get your own pair via his ebay store.

1 comment:

Capt Gordon said...

Send them to me and I will give them a through review.