Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Buff Headwear


Our friend Kate from Original Buff has been kind enough to let some members of the staff field test the Winter version of their popular Buff headwear. I will be heading to East Tn. next week with my bride for a long weekend on the shores of beautiful Watauga Lake. If the weather will cooperate, we plan to get in some fishing. The forecast is for cold weather and it will be a great oportunity to test my new Buff. Those of you that know me understand that I need something on my head to take the place of hair that has long since left me. There are three types of Winter Buffs that are available and they each offer different features.
The Cyclone Buff incorporates three different fabrics: CoolMax, Gore Windstopper, and PolarTec fleece. The CoolMax fabric wicks sweat and is extremely breathable to keep you warm and dry in the winter.The Gore Windstopper protects you form the bitter-cold wind and the PolarTec is incredibly flexible, breathable and soft against yor skin. $38.00 MSRP
The Polar Buff has the super soft PolarTec fleece and CoolMax fabric that provide the warmth, butnot the weight. The best use for skiing and riding is as the fleece gaiter and the CoolMax hat that fits comfortably under any helmet. $27.00 MSRP
The Polar Buff Thermal Pro provides twice the warmth of the Polar Buff with its PolarTec Thermal Pro fleece and CoolMax fabric. Its soft and cozy to the touch. $30.00 MSRP
I will report back after Thanksgiving and let you know how the products performed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My head is very cold and I don't have one of those things. ;-(

Anonymous said...

Wow....those look really cool.

Murdock said...

Im a big fan of the PolarTech one. The everyday buff goes on every fishing trip with me. c