Monday, August 25, 2008



The Bluff Hole

My brother in law just got back from a trip to Rockbridge, Mo. and I thought I would see what's new at The Trout and Game Ranch. (rockbridgemo.com)

The fine folks at Rockbridge have recently opened another 1/4 mile stretch which includes two new dams. There is now a catch and release section where you can fish for rainbow trout that average two pounds. I have gone every year since my first fly fishing experience, but I have not had the oportunity to fish the new section or participate in the catch and release program. If you have not had a chance to visit Rockbridge, I reccomend it as a great place to learn how to fly fish. There are plenty of large fish and they don't know that they are not wild trout. I took my oldest daughter last year and she landed about twenty fish on her first fly fishing experience. Most of the trout were at least two pounds and one was close to four pounds. We both can't wait to go back.

They have a fly shop, resturant, The Grist Mill Bar, motel type rooms, as well as houses to rent. If you are looking for a great place to take your family where you can hunt fish and just relax; you might want to try The Rockbridge Trout and Game Ranch in Southern Mo.

No comments: