Sunday, July 06, 2008

Fly Fishing Quote Of The Week


Our Fly Fishing Quote for this week comes from an article featured on Helanair.com about raising taxes for a sewer system

Goodman counters that taxing anglers is only fair, since they put so much pressure on the town’s infrastructure. “I tell them, ‘Look, you guys always complain about the fly fishing, here’s a way to extract a pound of flesh from them for the resources they’re using,’” he said. “It’s all out-of-state fishermen.”

And all this time we thought the townies liked us turistas with our dollars. This reminds me of a conversation I once overheard outside of a strip joint.
"If I didn't know better, I would swear that those drinks were watered down and those girls only wanted our money."

photo via Postthisinc.com

No comments: