Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Florida Fishing Report: Capt. John Kumiski


Author and noted fly fishing guide, Capt. John Kumiski has posted a new fishing report. In between redfish trips he took some time to target sunfish.
My truck was in the shop for four days last week. After one day I was sick of being home (the weather was perfect) so I returned to the days of my youth, taped a fly rod to the bicycle crossbar, and peddled to the Econlockhatchee River to fish for sunfish.

There weren’t a lot of sunfish there. Usually as you walk the banks you can see a lot of them. I got six or eight, all redbreasts. One was the biggest redbreast I’ve ever caught, with vivid, almost surreal colors. But I didn’t get a stumpknocker, nor a bluegill. Kinda weird.
Read the entire report that includes information on a recent redfish trip via his website.
Photo: Capt. John Kumiski

1 comment:

Futuristics said...

NICE Blog :)