Sunday, May 13, 2007

Take a Mom Fishing


This article in the Newark Advocate, advocates taking your Mom fishing on Mother's Day. I did just that this weekend and gave my Mom a chance to try out the new fly rod that I had gotten her for Christmas. She's a natural outdoors woman who is already skilled at Turkey and Deer hunting so it was not a big surprise that she took to the fly rod fairly quickly.

When I was a kid I remember that she had a refrigerator magnet with the following poem:

ME MUDDER

When my prayers were early said,who tucked me in me widdle bed and spanked me butt til it was red?

.......Me Mudder!

In the morning,when the lights would come and in me crib me dribbled some,who wiped me widdle tiny bun?

.......Me Mudder!

Who took me from my cozy cot and placed me on me ice cold pot and made me pee-pee when me could not?

.......Me Mudder!

Who's hair so gently she would part and hold me tightly to her heart and sometimes squeeze me til I'd.....fart?

.......Me Mudder!

Who looked at me with eyebrows drooped, and screamed and yelled til she had the croup when in me Sunday pants I...pooped?

.......Me Mudder!

And at night when the bed did squeak and me raised me head to have a peek who yelled at me to go to sleep?

.......Me Fadder!!!!!



She always considered it to be a bit risque but for some reason it stuck with me. Thanks for being a great Mom.

No comments: