Thursday, July 27, 2006

Prev Posting: Conservation for The Wealthy

An anonymous comment on my previous posting about the planned Laurelmor project brings out a good point that I failed to mention during my rant.

"I understand where you're coming from, however Ginn does plan to allow public access to areas of land within the conservation easement, including [but not limited to] giving them the opportunity to fish under a catch- and-release program and allowing ASU biology students access to observe and collect research data as part of their curriculum."

While I do sometimes tire of this new trend of conservation developments, I must say that Mr. Ginn's plan certainly has much more merit than any I have seen to date. Perhaps I did speak too soon. Inevitably development will continue in the mountains of North Carolina. Sound management that includes catch and release trout fishing is always preferable to no management at all.

Thanks for excellent feedback.

No comments: