Saturday, June 03, 2006

A Funny Thing happened On the Way to The Forum


Recently I visited the forum section of flyfish.com and as soon as I got there my internet explorer started going crazy and my anti-virus said it had grabbed some nasties before they could secure a foothold on my computer.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and found these postings over at Paflyfish.com (their site is fine) from some folks who had the same experience. Upon further research I also found out that you can also get the virus from looking not only at the forum site itself but also from the google cache of the page. I got the same result on two computers. The virus appears to be a javascipt Trojan horse. I emailed flyfish.com to let them know about this problem but have not gotten any response.

This virus seems to only effect the forum not the main part of the site and hopefully this is something that they will get fixed in the near future. In the meantime if you visit them make sure your anti-virus software is up to date.

No comments: