Monday, June 05, 2006

Fly Fishing Aussie Style


I sometimes catch some flack from folks for not keeping all my content restricted to fly fishing in the South Eastern United States, but I really am fascinated about how the sport of fly fishing is enjoyed in other countries. It is for this reason that I ask you to check out Spooled.com.Au, Australia's premier fishing website. They have a mix of articles, news, fishing reports, and forums that will give you insight into the world of fly fishing in the land down under. Don't let the big redworm on the front page fool you, these folks know a thing or two about fly fishing.

You will note that I have refrained from any corny remarks about putting "shrimp on the barbie" or "g'day mate" etc. I do hear that most of the fly fishermen down under are "6 foot four and full of muscles". I found this article about indicator nymph fishing by Micah Adams to be very informative.

No comments: