Monday, May 22, 2006

Baghdad School of Fly Fishing


We fly fishermen will brave mosquitoes, snakes, alligators, and drunks for a shot at catching a fish on a fly but I don't think any of us can compare to the heroes at Camp Victory in Baghdad, who are members of the Baghdad School of Fly Fishing.

"There was one time when I was casting and a rocket landed in the lake about 400 meters from me," said Stewart, an avid angler and founder of the club dedicated to introducing U.S. soldiers in Iraq to what is known as the "quiet sport."

Ok fellow fly fishermen, bloggers, blog readers and etc. here is a challenge, lets find out how to contact these guys and send them some care packages. I propose "Flies 4 GI's 2006". Leave me a comment with your thoughts.

Here is a link to the article at KansasCity.com

No comments: