Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Colorado State Record Cutthroat


A Colorado fly fisherman decided to put down his fly rod and use a spinning rod for a day. His reward for setting his sport aside, a 33 inch state record Snake River cutthroat trout.

"Peckham explained that he has fished that section several times and had seen big trout there before. Normally a fly fisherman, Peckham said he switched to spinning gear because he didn't think he'd be able to bring in a giant trout on a fly rod."

I don't know about you but if this evehappenednd to me, my fishing pals would marvel at the fish for a day or two, then never let me live down the fact that I caught it on a spinning rod. This sort of reminds me of the one about the minister who played sick on Sunday so that he could take the day off to play golf. He hits a hole in one ....but who could he tell?

1 comment:

Murdock said...

Don't get me wrong. That is one nice fish he caught! I'd take it on a trotline if I had to. Ok maybe not. But I would use worms to catch it....