Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A "Kitchen Pass" is defined as:

The act of obtaining permission from ones spouse for a day out (ie. fishing trip) with the guys. When asking for the "Kitchen Pass" you must keep a few things in mind.

1. You must obtain a "Kitchen Pass" before the activity in question. Failure to do so will result in problems. (ie. her refusal to wear the NYMPH! Lingerie available at our online store) <-Shameless Plug

2. Passes are not free. You will pay for them in some form at a later date. Understanding this up front will allow you to better deal with the aftermath. Payment is usually exacted in shopping trips to stores of no interest to men where one must hold bags and remark about how nice the clothes look on her.

3. If when you ask for the pass she says "Fine!" that does not mean you can go. In the world of Kitchen Passes "Fine!" is a negative response. This is known as "the yes means no factor"

4. Kitchen Passes are non-transferable and may be revoked even after you have participated in a previously approved activity. This is known as the "woman's prerogative".

I hope this helps you understand the dynamics of the "Kitchen Pass". Question or comments should be emailed to editor@flyfishmagazine.com

1 comment:

Murdock said...

After reading this post the wife infomred me that I had come very close to haveing my Kitchen pass revoked. Of course my wife is wonderful and never ever gives me a hard time about going fishing etc.....Hey honey, Can I have my pass back now?